List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: ListView painting (was Re: Mouse up vs Mouse click)
From:       Fabian Cenedese <Cenedese () indel ! ch>
Date:       2004-01-30 14:58:40

>On January 30, 2004 07:55 am, Fabian Cenedese wrote:
>> I think I already found the (apparent) difference in the events, the
>> (not) hanging in the OnLButtonDown. I need to find out why it doesn't
>> stay in there and if it's in listview, message, events...
>
>The mouse tracking in listview happens in the LISTVIEW_TrackMouse()
>function, which seems correct. It is getting called from only one
>place (in LISTVIEW_LButtonDown()) so a few print statements there
>would be nice to see that (1) it is being called, and (2) that it
>doesn't exit prematurely.

I made a test and added a printf message in the loop of TrackMouse.
When I hold the mouse button in the first column I see hundreds of
these message pass by. But when I press on another column I don't
even see it enter the whole function TrackMouse, not to mention the
message from the loop. In LISTVIEW_LButtonDown the nItem is -1,
so it thinks that no item is selected and skips most of the code.

I'm still looking at logs. But I also thought that LISTVIEW_HitTest
gave wrong results for other columns (LVHT_NOWHERE) but I
still need to look further. But that might go along with the listview
thinking that no item is selected.

Thanks for your hints, give me new ideas.

bye  Fabi