Ove Kaaven wrote: > On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Nog wrote: > > > In my quest to get helppc running and working in wine, I noticed that it > > tries to access the text mode buffer directly (b000, I think). This > > memory doesn't seem to be emulated in dosmem.c and my exploration into > > how to implement it were in vein. Could anybody please help? > > I already have code to do that, but it's probably as a part of my DOS > support restructure... which I don't have time to work on at the moment. > Sorry. > > > Anyway on another note, to get the program to exectute this far I had to > > add a hack to vga.c. What the program was doing, was, it waited until > > the light pen trigger was set, when it read the light pen trigger set > > (bit 1) from the vga status register (3da) and then it would wait until > > it was unset again. I've attached a patch to solve this problem, but its > > definatly not the right way of doing it, anyway see what you think. > > Sounds weird... does it really mess with a "light pen"? Well, thats what my docs tell me (ie. helppc, it runs under dos). What I know for certain, is that it checks bit 1 of the vga status register. I'm sorry if I'm confusing anyone with my previous two messages, one stating that it was bit 1 and the other bit 2 but the true one is the first one, bit 1 and light pen trigger set. Anyway, what do say to my patch? Is it worthy enough to be submitted to wine-patches?