List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] Faulty CI builds for MediaWiki repositories
From:       Antoine Musso <hashar () free ! fr>
Date:       2021-11-09 8:48:06

Hello,

One of the CI Jenkins jobs running for MediaWiki repositories had a
faulty npm cache being restored. That caused some dependencies to not be
properly installed and lead to a faulty build.

The issue apparently started yesterday Nov 8th around 17:30 UTC and
should be now resolved as of 8:30 UTC after I have deleted the faulty cache.

The affected job is quibble-vendor-mysql-php72-selenium-docker which
runs the Selenium browser test. If a change made to an extension or skin
fails mysteriously, please try rechecking the CI change by commenting
`recheck` on the change or using:

  recheck due to npm cache corruption - T295341

It has hit us a few times in the recent time:
* https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T294426
* https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T293937
* https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T295341

I have filed a generic task to further investigate the issue:

* https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T295351

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso