List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] TechCom board review 2020-09-07
From:       Niklas_Laxström <niklas.laxstrom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-09-07 15:01:07

This is the weekly TechCom board review in preparation of our meeting
on Wednesday. If there are additional topics for TechCom to review,
please let us know by replying to this email. However, please keep
discussion about individual RFCs to the Phabricator tickets.

Activity since Monday 2020-08-31 on the following boards:

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/techcom/
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/techcom-rfc/

Committee inbox:
* RFC: Parsoid Extension API <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T260714>
 - see TechCom weekly digest 2020-09-02

Committee board activity: none
New RFCs: none
Phase progression: none
IRC meeting request: none

Other RFC activity:
* MediaWiki's anonymous edit token leaves wiki installations (incl.
Wikipedia) open to mass anonymous spam we can't block
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T40417>
 - dbarratt suggests to block anonymous POST requests with the Origin
header that contains a value that is not in the allowlist.
 - Bawolff thinks it could work if done correctly.

  - Niklas