List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] New location for configuring Wikimedia production extensions and skins
From:       Mukunda Modell <mmodell () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2020-02-21 3:06:12

Hey everyone,

TL;DR: We've moved the list of which extensions + skins are included in
Wikimedia production branches. make-wmf-branch has been removed and
branching is now configured in make-release.

As part of the modernisation work for the way MediaWiki code is deployed
into Wikimedia production, we have consolidated the code for making the
weekly "train" cut with that for making release branches of MediaWiki.[0]
This means that the specific configuration file now has a different
location and format.[1]

This will only affect you if you are involved in helping us add new
extensions for production deployment (once they've gone through the full
process),[2] or if you own a tool that tries to monitor Wikimedia
production deployments.

Thank you!

[0] - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T222829
[1] -