List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] TechCom Radar, 2017-10-25
From:       Daniel Kinzler <daniel.kinzler () wikimedia ! de>
Date:       2017-10-28 12:57:14

Hello all!

Here are the minutes from this week's meeting:

* Outcome of this week's IRC discussion: Usage of FauxRequest in production code
is discouraged and should be considered technical debt.
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T169266>.

* Ongoing Last Call: Target PHP 5.6 for MW 1.31
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178538>. If no pertinent issues remain
unaddressed by November 1st, this RFC will be approved for implementation.
Related: Target PHP 7 for MW 1.32 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172165>.

* Next week's IRC: Allowing extensions to override preferences
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178449>. Beware Daylight Confusion Week!
The discussion will take in #wikimedia-office, at 2pm PDT as usual for
Americans, but for Europeans it will be one hour earlier, at 22:00 CET.
The following week, we will be back on the regular schedule for both America and
Europe.

* Active discussion: Heredoc arguments for templates (aka "hygienic" or "long"
arguments) <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T114432>

* TechCom to revise outdated policy pages until the end of the year.

You can also find our meeting minutes at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Committee/Minutes>

See also the TechCom RFC board
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mediawiki-rfcs/>.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Platform Engineer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.