List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] update: wikipedia.org portal
From:       Niklas_Laxström <niklas.laxstrom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-05-25 6:00:57

> Hey Purodha,
>
> On 21 May 2016 at 05:13, Purodha Blissenbach <purodha@blissenbach.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On the long run, I think, these portals and their texts should
>> be translatable. Browser settings determining the target language.
>> Looking forward to have them on translatewiki.net !
>>

> I agree that localising these strings would be helpful and in-line with our
> practices. That's definitely something that we're interested in doing, and
> we're going to be doing an investigation on that soon. We're hoping it'll
> be fairly straightforward to get this done... but if it's not, we may need
> to deprioritise the work. We'll see.

Dan,

Localising a few static strings is not difficult and I (and others)
have already met with your team to share information how to do this.
In my opinion deprioritizing this work would be against our mission
and values. I am available for help if you run into any issues during
the process.

  -Niklas