List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] DISPLAYTITLE
From:       S Page <spage () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2015-10-28 2:34:45

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Cindy Cicalese <cindom@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently proposed a MediaWiki core change
> to a) encapsulate access to the page_props table in a class and b) extend
> the usage of a page's displaytitle property so that it is also used as the
> link text for links to the page.

Part b) feels like a Request For Comment because as I understand it this
will change the way links behave. You should write a phabricator ticket for
b) and add the #MediaWiki-RfCs tag to it [1]. As for a), it seems your
gerrit patch is well along and I'm not sure adding one class rises to the
level of an architectural change that would prompt an RFC.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Process

Cheers,
--
=S Page  WMF Tech writer