List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] Need Guidance
From:       Quim Gil <qgil () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2014-09-25 13:27:00

Hi Alisha, thank you for your interest in contributing to Wikimedia.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Alisha Jain <jain.alisha14@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> My name is Alisha Jain. I am an engineering student from Punjab,
> India. I came to know that your organization is participating in FOSS
> Outreach Program for Women this year. I have gone through your
> projects and would like to have opportunity to work with you. I am
> quite interested in "Extensive and robust localisation file format
> coverage" project.

Alright!

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/FOSS_Outreach_Program_for_Women/Round_9#Extensive_and_robust_localisation_file_format_coverage

You are encouraged to work on your first contribution(s) as described in
that link. You have an interesting background, and you are being brave
posting here in the community list. If you can complement this with some
patches, a good conversation with your potential mentors, and a sensible
proposal, you will become a strong candidate.

If you have questions, just contact the mentors.