List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] !ask
From:       Platonides <Platonides () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-24 18:19:14

On 20/01/14 08:26, Petr Bena wrote:
> There is one more feature available on wm-bot.
>
> First of all, that thing is smart enough to recognize who is irc
> newbie and who is not. It is possible to direct this only to people
> who are known to the bot (their cloak is trusted) so that it doesn't
> bite the newbies, but rather "slap" the experienced who keep bad
> habits. The bot is able to recognize what is a "question if they can
> ask" and automatically tell the person to ask the question instead of
> asking if they can ask, for example:

+1
That was precisely what I was going to propose: that the bot should
recognise the original question and answer it itself.
I don't think there's anything wrong in getting a bot inviting  you to
answer. And will be much nicer than having a human tell the bot to
explain you that you can ask :)

Frankly, the reason to do !ask | foobar is basically to avoid looking up
the appropiate template.