List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] OPW project: redesigning mediawiki.org homepage?
From:       Quim Gil <qgil () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2013-10-29 14:15:35

I'm thinking of proposing the redesign of the mediawiki.org homepage as
a FOSS Outreach Program for Women [1] project. I could act as co-mentor
with the help of someone else.

The RFC process held so far [2] would serve as a source of feedback, but
the project would imply basically a restart. The progress of the project
would be public and anybody could chip in and have their say.

If there is agreement overall, we would aim to substitute the current
homepage or implement changes progressively. If there is a strong lack
of consensus that no OPW intern will fix, we would continue the exercise
as a prototype, and at the end of the internship the mentors would take
the responsibility to drive the project until its implementation.

What do you think? Any volunteers to co-mentor?

Please reply here or at the RFC Talk page. Thank you!

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_Program_for_Women/Round_7
[2]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/MediaWiki.org_Main_Page_tweaks

--