List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] HTTPS enabled for all logged-in users
From:       Seb35 <seb35wikipedia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-28 23:46:04

Thanks a lot to everybody who make it possible! I find the GeoIP solution
quite elegant.

I wrote a script this morning to let anonymous users opt-in for being
redirected to HTTPS with the same forceHTTPS cookie [1]; such a script
could be used to increase the proportion of HTTPS visitors (probably this
script should be not used now before the server load is better known).

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Snippets/forceHTTPS_cookie

Sébastien