List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] Etherpad Lite labs instance going down in two weeks - backup time
From:       Ken Snider <ksnider () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2013-08-26 18:56:42

On Aug 26, 2013, at 2:18 PM, Ryan Lane <rlane32@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some people may have placed sensitive info in the pads, assuming some level
> of (misguided) privacy since the pages weren't indexed. We're not planning
> on doing dumps or even exposing an index.

To further clarify, we'll be keeping a dump in case there's some incredibly critical \
information that was inadvertently pasted into a pad despite the many and various \
warnings about the ephemeral nature of the service - but as Ryan said, we have no \
intention of indexing or even investigating this dump unless necessary, and would \
definitely not release it as a whole for the reasons mentioned.

Thanks.

--Ken.