List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] RFC: User-specific page lists in core
From:       Ori Livneh <ori () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2013-06-21 1:28:16

Hi,

The E3 team (that's Dario, Matt, S, Steven, & me) proposes to generalize
the implementation of watchlists by adding support in core for multiple
generic, user-specific lists of pages. We think that such functionality
could be used to implement a broad range of useful features, some of which
have been requested repeatedly over the years. We also think that
implementing this would be a matter of clarifying and simplifying
infrastructure that already exists in core, albeit obscured by an
unreasonably tight coupling to the notion of watchlists.

We'd like to know what you think, so we're filing an RFC. You can read it
here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Support_for_user-specific_page_lists_in_core

---
Ori Livneh