List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] Help identifying false new contributors
From:       Quim Gil <qgil () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2012-11-26 23:44:26

On 11/26/2012 03:20 PM, Brad Jorsch wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Quim Gil <qgil@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> MediaWiki
>> https://www.ohloh.net/p/mediawiki/contributors?highlight_key=first_checkin&time_span=30+days
>> S Page, Amire80, Anomie, MarkAHershberger, Asher, Tpt, burthsceh, Stephan
>> Gambke.
>
> I guess gerrit uses "Anomie" as the name for changes I merge. I wonder
> why Ohloh doesn't track by email address instead.

Answer from Ohloh: "Ohloh has only tracked names coming out of
source-control, mainly because it was built around CVS and Subversion.
With distributed SCMs, like Git, Mercurial and Bazaar, email addresses
became available but internal data model still relies on names.
Reworking internal data model to make emails first class citizens has
its own drawbacks and cost associated. We are trying to find a middle
ground and are working on making contributions "claimable" by email and
that should improve the flow for contributors." --Qgil (talk) 15:21, 2
November 2012 (UTC)
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Community_metrics/October_2012

:)

--