List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] MediaWiki community metrics
From:       Quim Gil <quimgil () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-30 5:55:41

On 09/28/2012 01:10 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
> Even if it's too tempting to define the first prototype thinking first
> on tools or data available, you are encouraged to start by proposing
> what questions do you want actually answered. What community trends do
> you want to know?

A first proposal to stir your pros and cons:

=== Developers ===

* [[Developers]] with [[Gerrit]] access.
** Reviewers.
** Core developers with merge permissions.
** Active in the past week / month / year.
** WMF employees, other MediaWiki professionals, hobbyists.
** Countries where they work from.
* New accounts.
** How many requests (approved, declined?) per week / month / year.
** Primary motivation: new or existing project - which projects.
** WMF employees, other MediaWiki professionals, hobbyists.
** Countries where they work from.

=== Software projects ===

* [https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/ Projects in Gerrit]
** Types of project: MediaWiki core, extensions, mobile, infrastructure...
** Active in the past week / month / year.
** Officially supported.
** Considered stable, beta, experimental.
* Data per project:
** Commits (merged, rejected, waiting) and reviews.
** Committers and reviewers.
** WMF employees, other MediaWiki professionals, hobbyists.
** Countries where they work from.

I wonder how much of this can already be extracted with
http://gerrit-stats.wmflabs.org/ . /me must look deeper.

PS: http://www.ohloh.net/p/mediawiki/contributors seems to be stuck in svn?

--
Quim