List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] Wikidata status
From:       Daniel Kinzler <daniel () brightbyte ! de>
Date:       2012-08-31 20:08:35

Hello

We have had a pretty productive week with the Wikidata team. The most pressing
issues concerning the Foundation team are however still the same:

The Sites table is pending finalization. It coming along nicely, and I think we
will have a new version early next week. Development is happening on a separate
development branch called "sites", any feedback is appreciated.

The Wikidata branch with the ContentHandler and related changes has seen some
improvements over the week, and I have once more merged the latest master into
the branch. However, I'm wondering how to best proceed now.

Until a few weeks ago, I let development on that branch rest, awaiting feedback
so I could be sure to be moving into the right direction. This didn't work out,
since the code was still too incomplete for a full review. I have now tied down
most loose ends, but I'm still getting no feedback. Would it be best to halt
development again? It's never going to be *finished*, there's always *something*
to improve...

Cheers
Daniel