List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] Flagged Reviews default by quality levels
From:       Dovi Jacobs <dovijacobs () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2012-08-31 5:21:15

> "When a page reaches X level of quality, that version becomes the default."  >When \
> creating all the interface message for editing, viewing, and history, this is \
> definitely not easy to get right and keep simple for new users. >Anyway, to be \
> clear, you can make the "latest version" the default for all pages and manually \
> make the "latest reviewed" version the default on a per-page basis already. You \
> just can't use "quality versions" as the default version.

Hi, and thanks for the info. On an immediate practical level I will inform them of \
this at the wiki, and we will unfortunately be forced to turn off the last approved \
version as default so as not to offput new users. In terms of the future, I \
respectfully disagree with you that there is any essential real-life problem for \
users if the extension were to be implemented in the way I described. Even for those \
who share your evaluation (which I don't), there should be no reason not to provide \
such basic functionality as at least an option. Furthermore, to manually make the \
"latest reviewed" version the default on a per-page basis is extremely cumbersome \
(even using bots) and not a reasonable solution to the problem. To conclude, I \
personally think the extension you have developed (I was only recently reminded that \
you are the primary developer) is already one of the most important developments for \
the future of Mediawiki (and often under appreciated as such). Please let me know if \
there is any positive way I can become involved in helping this functionality become \
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org