List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] severe lag in en: jobs queue
From:       Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-24 13:00:09

2009/6/24 William Allen Simpson <william.allen.simpson@gmail.com>:
> Operationally, I've noticed that templates don't seem to be getting through
> the jobs queue, sometimes for days.

The job queue at the moment has only 17,426 entries in it. That's
pretty low, so it seems the queue is getting processed at a reasonable
rate. Perhaps you got unlucky and made your changes during a technical
blip? They do happen from time to time.

> Does multiple edits to a template continue the old entries, or replace them
> with newer entries, or leave multiple sets of entries?

I believe one article can appear multiple times in the job queue but
all entries of that article will be removed when the first one is
processed (so the number I quoted above is probably an overestimate).
At least, that's how I understand it.