List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] Proposal: Extension information files
From:       Ashar Voultoiz <hashar () altern ! org>
Date:       2008-03-25 19:06:03

Simetrical a écrit :
<snip>
> I still don't see the point in bothering with XML when PHP is easier
> all around, unless someone foresees someone using another language.
> But it really doesn't matter much.  Whoever implements it gets to
> decide.

Maybe because an XML file can be used with any other language ? Having
data in PHP files restrict its access to PHP. For example, you might
want to write an XSL file to automaticly generate a website presenting
the extensions. In my opinion, it is ten time easier to maintain and
enhance than a PHP script.

--
Ashar Voultoiz