List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] Images squid caches lost
From:       Mark Bergsma <mark () wikimedia ! org>
Date:       2008-01-24 19:10:45

A few hours ago we seem to have lost most of the content of our images
Squid caches. While the Squid servers fill up their caches again, image
server backend is overloaded. The situation is recovering slowly, but it
can take a while before the speed is back at a normal level.

This incident was most likely caused by a change I made to an ACL
shortly before it started, although as of yet we don't quite understand
why, as it seems rather unrelated. Investigation continues...

--
Mark Bergsma <mark@wikimedia.org>
System & Network Administrator, Wikimedia Foundation