List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] MediaWiki aliases feature proposal
From:       Rolf Lampa <rolf.lampa () rilnet ! com>
Date:       2007-10-30 19:09:43

Steve Bennett skrev:
> On 10/30/07, Rolf Lampa <rolf.lampa@rilnet.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for this long post, but perhaps part of the difficulty so far is
>

> Not at all. I haven't had time to fully read it and reflect, but will
> do so in about 4 days.

I think I did the mistake to read several posts but answered only one
of them...

I found your posts dealing more with the essentials (mainly focusing
on the Use Case) and lesser with the implementation under the hood. It
was other recent posts which, in my opinion, payed a little too much
attention to the Redirects before the actual feature/Use Case was very
clearly defined, or for that part, understood.

But perhaps my post gave another impression, that I meant that *you*
had the focus at the wrong place, if so sorry for that, I really
didnäöt mean it that way.

In other words, I think your line of thought is interesting, and it
may well end up in something useful for the users, even without too
much work under the hood (which is also I wanted to point out some
benefits with the existing generic Redirect concept, especially to
those who didn't already realize that).

And yes, if my intention had been to criticize your basic idea, then
it definitely would be proper time for me to give better suggestions! =)

Best Regards,

// Rolf Lampa