List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] New syntax proposal
From:       Marco Krohn <marco.krohn () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-06-10 22:49:51

On Friday 10 June 2005 23:22, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

I like the proposal and in particular that internal / external links are
handled more consistently - good work! Is it possible to use the pipe
character "|" or external links as well, e.g.

[[http://piclab.com|Piclab]]

?

The idea about "links with a pipe character with no text" is good and saves
quite a lot of typing.

> * I don't like that your image syntax is like <<image foo.png>>
> instead of <<image:foo.png>>, this is inconsistant with the rest of
> the syntax.

I agree.

« is hard to type as my (german) keyboard has no easy way of accessing these
characters.

I don't like that comments can be put in the tags.

best regards,
  Marco