List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] The bug is out there...
From:       fabiform <fabiform_wikipedian () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-30 15:31:40

> In both cases (Orphaned articles and Village pump),
> there were three very quick edits by one user --
> apparently repeated clicking of the submit button?

I doubled a page by double clicking on the submit button.  This gave me an edit
conflict with myself.  I was either stupid or there was something about the
edit conflict screen which lead me to believe that the first save was somehow
dodgy and I copied and pasted the whole article from the bottom to the top and
clicked save.

Normally when you're at an edit conflict if you copy everything in the bottom
box and overwrite the top box with it, you wouldn't double the page, you'd
simply overwrite the previous edit.  So I guess someone needs to invesitgate
what it is about an edit conflict with yourself that makes this possible.  By
the way, it only took me two edits, it was the two at precicely the same time
on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Complaints_Commission

Fabi.