List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    [Wikitech-l] sysop on test
From:       Anthere <anthere9 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-27 19:58:31

Hello there.

The little steward and stewardess community (don't you try to convince
me that steward is a neutral qualifier...) is wondering which rules to
follow regarding making sysops on test.

A proposition was to make sysop anyone asking...or at least anyone sysop
on one wikipedia and asking to be sysop on test.

This was the previous policy on meta and many are aware it is
potentially a small security hole, as sysops are made quite liberally on
the starting wikipedias.

Now, I think that is mostly the business of those active on test to
decide which policy they want there, in particular since they know which
pages are more likely to be sensible. In short, mostly the developers,
the testers and potentially the steward-es-s (ah !).

What is your opinion ?

Fantasy suggested

* Every admin of any Wikipedia "can" have admin-status on test

* The developers decide who is admin on test (it is their server ;-)

* No one except developers need admin-rights on test.