List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Cafepress store redesign
From:       "Ben Yates" <bluephonic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-04 8:33:36

Ant: I'm using the WP namespace blue for the background, but I didn't
change any of the other colors.  Lucky coincidence. :)

Elian: Good suggestions; I'm not sure all of that stuff can be changed
(in particular the copyright notice), but I'll see.  (I rearranged the
front page, but I'm keeping Wikimedia at the bottom because those
items don't sell very well.)

On 2/3/07, Elisabeth Bauer <elian@djini.de> wrote:
> Ben Yates wrote:
> > I just redesigned the layout of the cafepress store --
> > http://www.cafepress.com/wikipedia .  Let me know what you think.
>
> The edit link is cool ;-)
>
> Some suggestions:
> * Don't use the same formatting for links as for normal text. ("Store
> newsletter" is text, "Jigsaw globe" in the same font and color is a
> link, the same problem in the footer with "Where's My Stuff?" and
> "recent orders".) Solution: Normal text in black and only links in blue.
>
> * "Browse products", "Browse designs" and "Store newsletter" could be
> placed outside the box as a headings like in Wikipedia, then you can use
> the normal wikipedia dots as list bullets for the items instead of the
> unfamiliar >>.
>
> * a little bit more room between the cafepress header and the wikipedia
> puzzle ball would be cool, maybe you could divide the areas just by a
> fine grey line and leave the upper part white.
>
> * if you move the "other wikimedia projects" right beside the "jigsaw
> globe" you have two items of similar height in the first row. Walt
> Whitman could be placed in the third row centered.
>
> * "Copyright (c) 1999-2007 CafePress.com. All rights reserved." - are the
> contents of the site really copyright Cafepress? Might leave a wrong
> impression about the copyright status of the things presented there.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> greetings,
> elian

Ben Yates