List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Conspicuous only in its absence (was Moldavian)
From:       "Berto 'd Sera" <albertoserra () ukr ! net>
Date:       2007-02-04 4:58:16

Hi

>This is the point. It is my language, my country, my region - if you want.
>Some things that are important to me. I come from there. While he - he came
>in there.

No, I did not. I live in Kiev, not in Romania. Anyway, there is but one
problem in what you say: you keep confusing a language with a country. And
from WMF's POV they are 2 different things. Here it's WMF, it's WMF laws
working, not your own or the Romanian laws.

WMF will never tell Romania how its street signs should look like, Romania
cannot tell WMF how a wiki page should look like. Failure to understand this
is... the soviet encyclopedia. A place where, instead of being a SUBJECT for
classification, politics become the SOURCE of classification. It's fascism
in its purest form (whether red or black fascism it's absolutely
irrelevant).

You may not like this, okay, that's your right. Then download the software
it takes and make yourself an independent wiki. Because here pillars are
pillars and they cannot be discussed. Over.

I sometimes hate these pillars myself. That's why Wikipedia is not a
monopolist to my spare time and yes I do start my own projects. I have my
own stupid personality and I love to show it (as anyone else). Even in the
most extreme fashion. Fantastic, that's what forums are for, for example. Go
find yourself one and have fun. And when you are here either be a
wikipedian, or quit coming here at all.

It's called context (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context), I add a link in
case you have doubts on the meaning. The usual problem with dictatorships
and fundamentalism is that they do no understand what context is. They
cannot adapt, they are absolute in their essence. There's no such a thing as
a private space to them. EVERYTHING on earth must either be their way or
vanish. Ok, you are free to love that, yet the fact that one may love
Securitate does not make Securitate's ways acceptable to wikipedia.

WMF is WMF, you are yourself, it always was and it always shall be two
different things. Learn to live with this, as we all did.

Berto 'd Sera
Personagi dl'ann 2006 per l'arvista american-a Time (tanme tuti vojaotri)
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html