List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia:Verifiability
From:       "Alphax (Wikipedia email)" <alphasigmax () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-25 2:51:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Александр Сигачёв wrote:
>> NPOV is non-negotiable. It is one of the "pillars" of Wikipedia. Most
>> policies are just the verbose version of what is already present
>> thanks to the pillars. If a policy is not approved, you can always
>> refer to them.
>>
>> FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Five_pillars
>
> Why are the "pillars" non-negotiable?
> Who created  the "pillars"?
> Who approved them?
>
> I need sources to use them in discussion.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Foundation_issues

NPOV and Freedom of content are listed here and date back to Nupedia.
"Wikipedia is an encyclopedia" has been around since early 2002.
"Wikipedia has a code of conduct" and "Wikipedia does not have firm
rules" have been established over time (in the last 3 years or so) by
the English Wikipedia community as a way of ensuring that the entire
thing actually works.