List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] [Foundation-l] Indefinite block and desysopping
From:       "Oliver Coddington" <olivercoddington () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-20 0:05:37

Precisely. Punitive action was not called for at all in this case, what was
needed was for Danny to learn that he needs to be very clear when he is
undertaking OFFICE actions, and Eloquence needs to learn that Danny will not
always be perfect in doing that, and that it would have been helpful to
check before doing what he did.

But to start banning people etc. is completely out of place especially when
the party that brought the action did not bring it with clean hands, which
if we are going to start moving more into law is pretty key.

Both parties are at fault, but the extent to which etc. is open to debate.
But a line simply needs to be drawn in the sand and let's move on. Remove
Eloquence's block and Danny, for God's sake, use OFFICE tags in future!

Oliver [User:Wisden17]