List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Language versions' popularity vs. number
From:       Francis Tyers <spectre () ivixor ! net>
Date:       2006-03-31 17:43:22

I'd definately like to see a standard flier. I'm sure people couldarrange \
translations. Perhaps even just a paragraph or so and then havemany many translations \
on one flier :) Fran
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 18:20 -0500, Patrick Hall wrote:> On 3/30/06, Mark Williamson \
<node.ue@gmail.com> wrote:> > One way is posting flyers at universities and other \
intellectual> > "hotspots". The Icelandic Wikipedia had printable fliers a while \
back> > for people to post around your school, they were neat, and could> > probably \
very easily be adapted to any other language. (sort of like,> > "Come help us build \
the first free online encyclopedia in Icelandic"> > or something like that).> > Is \
this flyer still available online somewhere? I think that's a great> idea, I'd like \
to take a look at it.> > I've been thinking about doing something similar in my area, \
which is> pretty multilingual. I know several people offhand who could probably> be \
persuaded to translate the flier, assuming it's a short document.> > Plenty of places \
to post them, as well -- most coffee places have> community bulletin boards, so do \
libraries.> > Pat> --> ˙6uısnɯɐ sı əpoɔıun> \