List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Language versions' popularity vs. number of
From:       "Zafer Yaman" <zfrymn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-30 12:39:55

> The biggest divorce seems to be with the Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, and
> Turkish Wikipedias.
>
> This may or may not have something to do with it, but take a look at
> the Spanish vs French mainpages -- the French one mentions very, very
> prominently that anyone can edit, the Spanish one does not. The
> Chinese WP does mention it, I'm not 100% sure about the Arabic or
> Turkish.

Turkish Wikipedia clearly mentions on its main page (using large font size)
that everyone can edit.

There's so little Turkish language content on the Internet in general and
most Turkish speaking people don't speak English or any other language. This
may be one of the reasons of the inconsistancy between article number and
visit count.