List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] moderation of mark williamson
From:       A A <landronimirc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-28 15:38:12

On 28/11/05, Elisabeth Bauer <elian@djini.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I usually don't read the postings of Mark Williamson (only the answers
> to his) but now I accidentally saw that he has forwarded the private
> email of another wikipedian to the list. Add to this the frequent
> flame-wars and attacks on people... Watching the list degrade into
> endless fights about absurd language proposals, in my opinion it's
> enough. I switched his account to moderated now.
>
> greetings,
> elian

I support  this decision. On  Moldovan Wikipedia
(http://mo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page), he was the only person
stubbornly defending the existance itself of this de facto dead
Wikipedia, that - in my opinion - has no other effect than to
denaturate the present day reality about Moldova (as no one writes,
reads or uses Romanian language with Cyrillic alphabet; apart from the
breakaway Transnistria region, where Cyrillic alphabet is imposed to
people and where parents are itting in jails for demanding the usage
of Latin alphabet in schools). And all this although he is not linked
directly what-so-ever nor to Romanians, nor to Moldovans, nor to
Russians, and thus not in knowledge of the cause. The debate on
Moldovan Wikipedia has definitely degraded into an  endless fight,
that  has advanced till the English Wikipedia. As I was informed
recently by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bonaparte, "It seems
that user Node deletes systematic an important part of the text."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldovan_language is a good example of
such disputes.
--
Liviu