List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Re: Translations between different wikipedias,
From:       Roman Maurer <roman.maurer () amis ! net>
Date:       2005-11-08 19:01:42

Anthony DiPierro pravi:

> I know we're usually lenient about this, because hey, it's still Wikipedia,
> but what if answers.com <http://answers.com> put a note in some edit summary
> saying "translated from [[:fr:Andorra]]". Would anyone be complaining about
> GFDL compliance then?

IMHO this is slightly off-topic.  Answers.com (or any other mirror's)
policy is of little interest to wikipedians that translate articles from
other's wikipedias (note the subject).

That said, I think that [[:fr:Andorra]] on a mirror should really be a
link to the French mirrored article.  In this article, it should be
noted that the content is from (French) Wikipedia.  If the mirror site
does not mirror French version of Wikipedia, then it should make sure
that all fr: links are redirected to the original fr.wikipedia.org.

At least this is how I understand this issue ...
--
	Pozdrav,
	  Roman