List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Re: Status of Serbia and Montenegro chapter
From:       Gerrit Holl <gerrit () nl ! linux ! org>
Date:       2005-11-07 20:26:28

Milos Rancic wrote:
> For example, relation Moldovan-Romanian is almost the same as relation
> Montenegrin-Serbian. Except Montenegrins don't have well described
> standard such Moldovans have. Political situation is almost the same:
> Montenegrin Academy of Sciences and Arts says that it is the same
> language as Serbia, but parliament and alternative academy (Duklanian
> Academy) say that this is different language. Only 22% of Montenegrin
> inhabitants say that their native language is Montenegrin (around 60%
> say that their native language is Serbian; others are minorities). So,
> this is a political question and I am supporting now the article
> "Montenegrin language" on English Wikipedia (against one Serbian
> nationalist) as well as I would support existance of Montenegrin
> Wikipedia (if demand comes before we complete our software).

Well, you can have an article about a language that is not really a
language, if a lot of people say that it's a language. One can discuss
the cultural implications, the political situation and so.

Gerrit.

--
Temperature in Luleå, Norrbotten, Sweden:
| Current temperature   05-11-07 21:19:52    2.1 degrees Celsius ( 35.8F) |