List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikipedia-l] Project: This wikipedia-related article is a stub...
From:       Marco Chiesa <chiesa.marco () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-06 18:21:47

Alfio Puglisi wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Walter van Kalken wrote:
>

>> The Poles are on their way to 100.000 as well by botway that create a
>> lot of stubs. So are the Italian and Portugese which to my surprise
>> are gaining on nl: very rapidly ... probably also by bot-stub-adding
>> ... I wish them good luck and I hope that having more info in their
>> own languages available will attract more contributors :)
>

> Italian will go in about a month from 60,000 to 100,000 mostly by bots
> adding stubs about geographical places. There is already a project to
> expands those stubs to reasonable quality, translating whatever info
> is available in the town's native language wikipedia - and from other
> languages, of course. In the meantime, the usual 4,000 new
> articles/month rate has not changed much.
>
> The popularity of bots, due to the rapid increase, has also promoted
> the development of many bots dedicated to fix ortography and layout
> issues, so existing pages are rapidly improving.
>
> Alfio

And, also, on it.wikipedia we are proposing for deletion a lot of
articles that we consider sub-stubs (one line or less); the nice thing
is that most of them are expanded, so the quality of  it.wiki is
increasing. And a few other wikis have asked our databases for the
geographical places, so the project is not just ours

Cruccone