List:       wikipedia-l
Subject:    [Wikipedia-l] client-side search engine
From:       David Monniaux <David.Monniaux () ens ! fr>
Date:       2005-01-27 6:20:20

I'm proposing again my idea of a Java-based client-side search engine:

http://quatramaran.ens.fr/~monniaux/wikipedia_en/search_applet.html

(Need good JVM, NOT the old Microsoft VM.)

The index is downloaded by chunks, as needed by the client. There's some
caching.

[The index was generated 6 months ago from a database dumb. I'll remake
it once I get mysql working again.]

What do you think? If interested, I may implement sentence search.
Full-text word search is already implemented.