List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] User:RickK2
From:       Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-09-24 22:12:19

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Rick <giantsrick13@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've done some anonymous editing here and there, but I doubt I'll be doing anything major.

That is genuinely nice to hear. The first part, not the latter one. There was
a time when we needed tireless warriors for quality, and against the
yahoos (the wild and crazies, not the competitor to google ;). The
community now is so robust, that it no longer needs such superheros as
you were
back then. Personally I felt a good deal of hidden satisfaction when I was
unceremoniously stripped of my admin rights on the Finnish Wikipedia
(my real home wiki), and the next day came as it always did, with a sun
rising and all.