List:       wikien-l
Subject:    [WikiEN-l] Wikipedia and Scientology
From:       "wiki" <doc.wikipedia () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2010-12-23 22:21:12

It appears from recent debates that Wikipedia shifted from a problem of
Scientology promotion, to a situation where some editors were using
Wikipedia to document every negative aspect of the cult, and
unbalancing/violating BLPs as a consequence.

For those not following it see stuff like:
*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_deaths_
related_to_Scientology
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Stacy_Meyer_%2
82nd_nomination%29

I have particular concerns with BLPs in categories like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Former_Scientologists

Coatracks and questionable notability issues abound.

I've started a page to review our coverage of this and particularly of BLPs.
As ever: help wanted; wages negotiable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutrality_in_Scientology