List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Attn: RFC about reforming criteria for speedy
From:       Andrew Turvey <andrewrturvey () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-23 0:02:47

I sincerely hope this proposal is never adopted. It doesn't "simplify" CSD, it \
loosens it; making it easier for articles to be speedy deleted.

The number of new users, new article and edits is steadily decreasing. Deletionism is \
partly to blame. Why bother put effort into creating articles if someone is going to \
come along and delete it five minutes later? Carry on this way and people will just \
give up contributing and Wikipedia will quickly decay away under the weight of \
vandalism.

Speedy deletion is only reasonable because it is so tightly defined.