List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Criteria of notability for web
From:       "Matthew Brown" <morven () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-30 4:38:13

On 1/25/07, Steve Block <steve.block@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:
> > The "notability" criteria are fundamentally subjective and arbitrary
> > rubbish written to appease definition obsessives from AFD.
>
> No they aren't, but this post from David meets some of that description.

Unfortunately you fail to actually rebut David's assertion with either
fact or solid argument.

Speaking personally and subjectively, the notability criteria I've
seen (granted, not all of them) tend to be overly specific, tend to
ignore that valid exceptions might exist, and tend to reinforce
systemic bias.  They seem to be written out of the desire to make a
sausage machine for AFD - put in an article, turn the crank, and out
pops a yes-or-no answer on the deletion question.

-Matt