List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Fleshlight
From:       "Sam Korn" <smoddy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-10 17:17:54

On 10/9/06, geni <geniice@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/9/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales@wikia.com> wrote:
>
> > I think that a significant amount of the confusion here has to do with
> > it being a little unclear whether this was intended as a WP:OFFICE act.
> >   It was done under Danny's normal account, with no reference to
> > WP:OFFICE, so I think it is safe to assume this was Danny acting in his
> > capacity and a long standing and widely respected editor exercising
> > editorial judgment in a manner consistent with our longstanding policies
> > of being bold.
> >

> No. The guideline is "be bold in updating articles". It doesn't really
> apply to admin actions.

Yes, the guideline does say that.  The guideline that editors should
be bold is for newbies who need help in understanding how WIkipedia
works (i.e. not by a horrendous editorial system).  The principle[1]
that *all* editors (including admins) should be bold in their actions
where to do so would be to the project's benefit is so obvious that it
doesn't need stating.

Or does it?

[1] Principle is my word for basic policies, as the word "policy" has
been tainted.

--
Sam