David Mestel wrote: > If I may add my personal opinion, I do not think that it was > appropriate for Jimmy to declare public support for any candidate. > Here's why: In some sense, Jimmy's role is to be an impartial > adjudicator, facilitating to a great extent the views of the > community, although obviously also keeping the greater good of > Wikipedia in mind. In some ways, indeed, one might draw an analogy > between this and a hypothetical situation where the monarch encouraged > the electorate to vote one way or the other. Just my $0.02. I think it is a crucial information with whom of the candidates the current board members see themselves able to work with. The impression I got when I was involved in foundation work was that several board members don't get along very well with some of the candidates. Everyone should be able to imagine the consequences. greetings, elian _______________________________________________ WikiEN-l mailing list WikiEN-l@Wikipedia.org To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit: http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l