List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Example of a user who should have been banned a long
From:       "Oskar Sigvardsson" <oskarsigvardsson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-16 1:37:49

On 9/15/06, jkelly@fas.harvard.edu <jkelly@fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>   Aksaha,
>
> > > OrphanBot's top-50 list.  The "tagbot.log" warnings are about new
> > > uploads; the "orphanbot.log" warnings are about existing uploads.
>
> Quoting Akash Mehta <draicone@gmail.com>:
> > Thats certainly a very useful list. Should we get a sysop to run
> > through them?
>
>   I note that there are sysops on that list of worst image offenders, so being a
> sysop is probably not a good way to judge who should take action on the issue.
>
>                    Jkelly

As long as we don't pick a sysop on the list, I think we'll be find.
I've found that most of you sysop-people are very reasonable and
moderate, and also don't go around violating copyright. I'm sure we
could dig someone up.

Hell, much of this isn't sysop work, much of it is simply going around
and warning users and helping them with adding templates. Then if they
need to be smacked, you could call in one of the big guns, and let
them handle the actual deleting/blocking. Hell, I could do that....

--Oskar