List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Example of a user who should have been banned a long
From:       Anthony <wikilegal () inbox ! org>
Date:       2006-09-09 12:59:06

On 9/8/06, Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/8/06, Anthony <wikilegal@inbox.org> wrote:
> > On 9/7/06, Ben McIlwain <cydeweys@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It sounds like OrphanBot may need a slight tweak to keep
> > > track of how many unsources images a user is uploading, and then start
> > > raising red flags if it exceeds a certain number.
> >
> > I just wish the bot would stop telling me that the images Ive uploaded
> > that dont have a known source (and were released under Sharealike 1.0
> > which doesnt require a source) are candidates for deletion.
>
> We don't allow unsourced images of any sort on Wikipedia.  That's as
> much a moral issue as a legal one.

It's not a legal issue at all.  It's a moral issue in that it forces
people to identify themselves in order to contribute images to the
encyclopedia.

I don't know about your morality, but my morality dictates that I
*not* reveal the identity of someone who creates an image and asks not
to be identified.

Anthony