List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] What. The. Fuck??!?
From:       "Rob Church" <robchur () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-12 6:02:30

On 12/05/06, geni <geniice@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman@spamcop.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 May 2006 00:24:54 +0300, you wrote:
> >
> > >If this is not disrupting Wikipedia to make a point, I don't know what is.
> >
> > I, on the other hand, laughed out loud at that.  Quality satire :-)
> >
> > Guy (JzG)
>
> Did you take this attitude when he was pulling all those stupid stunts
> on april 1st? This is hardly the first time that Cyde has demonstrated
> he is less than total responcible.

I don't think it's wise to pull April 1st into this. We know that
Wikipedia is full of idiots who decided to take the opportunity of the
day's tradition to undo a lot of other people's hard work, even for a
few minutes, in the name of humour. Out-of-control behaviour like that
doesn't help our public relations; it would have been more effective
if one main prank had been sanctioned by the community as a whole.

Rob Church