List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Application of the {{pd-art}} tag
From:       Fastfission <fastfission () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-12 17:04:11

And we are hardly the only people out there to rely upon it or its
basic premises. There are far bigger fish with far bigger stakes than
us who rely on it (Corel as a case in point), and who would be far
bigger targets for legal litigation (since they actually derive
revenue from it). I would be wary about interpretations which diverge
beyond the actual subject matter ruled on in Bridgeman (i.e., I would
NOT assume it applied for stained-glass windows, because the element
of lighting would be a major creativity issue in that case, despite
their two-dimensionality), but since half a decade has passed without
appeal or contrary rulings I don't think we have any strong need to be
afraid, yet. But again, I'm not a lawyer.

FF