List:       wikien-l
Subject:    Re: [WikiEN-l] Most read US newspaper blasts Wikipedia
From:       Katefan0 <katefan0 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 15:15:58

I hesitated to post this message because I don't want
to take credit for the idea.  It was actually an idea
put forth by Johntex, relayed to me after the recent
meetup he'd gone to.  I'm not sure that he subscribes
to wikien-l, though, so I thought I'd mention it FWIW.
 I believe he also relayed the idea to Jimbo so
perhaps this has already been circulated.

Johntex's idea is essentially a spinoff of an
"approved" version.  He essentially proposed that
Wikipedia create an additional "tab" people could
click on to see the last "approved" version.
Everybody can still edit the non-approved version,
just as normal.  And I guess, taking the idea out to
its logical extreme, at intervals the two versiosn
would be compared and any new information meshed into
the "approved" version.  This way everybody can still
edit and contribute, but anyone concerned about
ensuring the version they're looking at has been
vetted thoroughly could simply click on the "approved"
tab.

Thoughts?

Kate