List:       wikien-l
Subject:    [WikiEN-l] Threats (was not-sees)
From:       steve v <vertigosteve () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-08-28 22:23:39

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales@wikia.com> wrote:
> Hateful people like this sometime do evil things.
> This means we have to
> be extremely thoughtful in thinking practically
> about the best way to
> deal with them.  But it also means that we should
> not waste 1 second
> worrying about whether we are somehow being
> inappropriately intolerant.
>
> I am not tolerant of people who post my name in a
> menacing way in a
> thread which contains a discussion of 'taking over
> wikipedia' and using
> force against Jews and so on.

Its hard to argue against the point about the former.
The latter issue, which ventures into generalties, is
a bit less difficult to take issue with --though its
understandable that the group should want to make an
example of extremists. It would be nice if we could be
equal and not selective in our treatment of
extremists.

SV