List:       wikien-l
Subject:    [WikiEN-l] Re: Wikimania
From:       Anthere <anthere9 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-08-10 10:54:44

Andrew Lih a écrit:
> I second SJ's sentiments, it was a great gathering. Usually
> live-blogging is something you do when the conference has a low
> signal/noise ratio or has plenty of "dead" time. Wikimania had
> neither, because everyone knew each other online in some way, and the
> communal space made it easy to engage in long discussions and for
> folks to demo things to each other on laptops. It was an amazing
> experience, and multimedia content will follow.
>
> In the meantime, you can see pix at:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/wikimania/
>
> There was much debate about why Flickr and not so much on Wikimania
> Commons, but I'll leave that to another time. :)
>

> -User:Fuzheado

A little note : Kennisnet had agreed to have one person dedicated in
copying all free images from Flickr to Commons, so we could have at
least our own report. I think it was very kind of them.

After less than 10 images being uploaded, 2 were already listed for
deletion. These two images were from Ross Mayfield, who put them under
cc, but for non commercial use only. I asked in case to Ross if they
could be under commercial use as well or if he would agree to put some
of the pictures in an agreeable license. Isaac Mao also put all his
pictures under regular copyright, so they are not usable. Angela
indicated that some people could complain about their pictures being put
on the net...

So... considering how much support I got, I told the Kennisnet person to
stop any upload to commons.

Anthere