List:       wikien-l
Subject:    [WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 8, Issue 67
From:       "Daniel P.B.Smith" <dpbsmith () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-03-30 0:53:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> On Mar 24, 2004, at 1:32 PM, David Speakman wrote:
>
>> As a venture capital journalist for the past seven years, I am
>> skeptical.
>> Traditional paper encyclopedia companies are going out of business.

Oh, you mean like the way print books have been put out of business by
eBooks like the Nuvomedia Rocket eBook, Softbook, Gemstar REB-1100,
Gemstar REB-1200, and the Franklin eBookman?

--
Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith@verizon.net alternate:
dpbsmith@alum.mit.edu

<excerpt>As a venture capital journalist for the past seven years, I am

skeptical.

Traditional paper encyclopedia companies are going out of business.

</excerpt></excerpt>

Oh, you mean like the way print books have been put out of business by
eBooks like the Nuvomedia Rocket eBook, Softbook, Gemstar REB-1100,
Gemstar REB-1200, and the Franklin eBookman?

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith@verizon.net alternate:
dpbsmith@alum.mit.edu

"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!

Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html

Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/

</fontfamily>